Danelle Umstead, Alpine Skier, Team USA, Person with a Visual Impairment
Comcast created a video showcasing one of the Paralympic athletes that the telecom company is sponsoring. The video, just under two minutes, features the inspiring story of U.S. Paralympic Alpine Ski Team medalist Danelle Umstead. The visually impaired athlete narrates the video and details her story, conveying what it’s like to ski down the slopes with a visual disability and rely on sound to compete. She gives viewers a glimpse of how skiing looks to her and how it has opened up a door to freedom. Published Friday, the video has already been viewed more than 269,000 times. Comcast is featuring the video on social media and its website, where it focuses on accessibility. Comcast, an official partner of the USOC, has partnerships with 13 Team USA athletes including Umstead, who won bronze in both the 2010 and 2014 Paralympic Games.
- New Accent 1000 Speech Generating Device - April 18, 2018
- Use Echo speakers to send announcements around your home - April 16, 2018
- Curriculum Pathways: Writing Navigator - April 12, 2018
- Angelman Study Shows Children Use Broad Set of Tools to Communicate - April 9, 2018
- Road Maps | Accessibility Guidelines - April 5, 2018