Text to Speech
Source: Student Design Competition | Rehabilitation Engineering & Assistive Technology Society of North America
Student Design Competition
The RESNA 2018 Student Design Competition is openDEADLINE for Student Design Competition is Friday, April 13, 2018 at 11:59PM ET Share this with student "makers" who have RE and AT ideas The RESNA Student Design Competition (SDC) is an annual competition that showcases creative and innovative assistive technology designs that help people with disabilities function more independently. Student teams represent a wide variety of disciplines including mechanical, electrical, and biomedical engineering; computer information science; architecture; and physical and occupational therapy. Entries are judged on originality, quality of design, and usefulness to persons with disabilities. SDC winners have frequently moved on to become leaders in the field of assistive technology. Only undergraduate and masters level graduate students currently enrolled in a college or university are eligible to apply. Student Design Competition Guidelines (pdf) Student Design Competition Submission Instructions (pdf) Student Design Competition Submission Form (pdf) Also, the RERC on AAC is holding a compeitionExternal Links icon. Their prize allows for a finalist berth in RESNA's Student Design CompetitionOnce completed, please submit the material to the RESNA 2018 Conference Submission PortalExternal Links icon
- Semi-finalist teams win a trip for two members to travel to the RESNA Annual Conference and a free one-year membership to RESNA.
- Students showcase their designs to an international audience at the conference, gaining access to contacts and connections to start a career in assistive technology.
- Cash prizes and more awarded to top designs.
- All entries are posted and promoted on a competition website and through social media.
- First place: $1,000
- Second place: $700
- Third Place: $300
TREAT PRIZE (TECHNOLOGY MOST LIKELY TO BECOME COMMERCIALLY AVAILABLE)
- $500 and product development consultation
Sponsored byTREATExternal Links iconARM UniversityExternal Links iconNational Science FoundationExternal Links icon
To visit the Student Design Competition's website archive and Read about our past winners, visit...
- RESNA 2017 Student Design Competition winners announcedExternal Links icon
- RESNA 2016 Student Design Competition Participants announcedExternal Links icon
- RESNA 2015 Student Design Competition winners announced
- RESNA 2014 Student Design Competition, University of Toledo places first
- RESNA 2013 Student Design Competition TREAT Award Winner, "Catching the Design Bug"
- RESNA 2012 Student Design Competition TREAT Award Winner, "What Engineering Heaven Looks Like"
For questions about the Student Design Competition, contact the 2018 RESNA Conference Committee’s Student Design Committee ChairEmail links iconFor additional 2018 RESNA Conference questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vidget 3-in-1 Flexible Seating System™ – Toddler 10 inch | FlagHouse - February 21, 2018
- Wrise : Accessible word processor for Mac | AssistiveWare - February 19, 2018
- Safe Laser System – InvoTek - February 14, 2018
- The growing acceptance of autism in the workplace – CBS News - February 13, 2018
- iDentifi- Object Recognition for Visually Impaired on the App Store - February 9, 2018