Source: Amy Wright is 2017 CNN Hero of the Year - CNNMost parents don't have to declare their children's fundamental value, but after two of 2017 CNN Hero of the Year Amy Wright's kids were born with Down syndrome, it was clear that she would have to back them up every step of the way."When you become a parent of a child with special needs, you are instantly thrust into becoming an advocate," Wright explained. "Trying to make people see the beauty in their lives that we see."Wright's advocacy took the form of a coffee shop. She opened Bitty & Beau's Coffee in January 2016, named for her two children.On Sunday, it was clear that Wright, Bitty, Beau and the 40 disabled employees at the Wilmington, North Carolina, shop have an army of supporters.
- Student Design Competition | Rehabilitation Engineering & Assistive Technology Society of North America - January 19, 2018
- Perkin’s E-Learning – Choosing the Appropriate Video Magnifier | OT’s with Apps & Technology - January 17, 2018
- MiniGuide US: Haptic Feedback Device for the Blind - January 15, 2018
- WatchKnowLearn: K-12 Education Video - January 12, 2018
- Children with Autism – A Visual Schedule - January 10, 2018