I can still remember the frustration and depression I felt before each holiday: my son Luke’s first Christmas, first birthday, first Easter, and so on.
He already had so many toys that he couldn’t play with, just sitting on shelves. I would hunt through stores and search Google for hours looking for something, anything that he just might be able to play with.
I think we’ve pretty much all been there. I know you understand.
Then an amazing thing happened. Luke was introduced to adaptiveswitches during therapy. For us it was a game changer. For the first time in his life, Luke was actively looking at and engaging with toys! We got to see his smile and hear his laugh again.
Right on schedule the holidays rolled around again. This time I was excited and hopeful. I finally had toy options that I knew Luke would actually play with.
Then I started to shop….
Yeah right! With the budget I had, I could buy him maybe one adapted toy for the year. The prices of adapted toys and switches were ridiculously expensive at the big companies. I was back to square one.
Then I had an idea.
My awesome husband has a background in engineering and troubleshoots for a living. Surely he could figure this out. And with a little sweat, blood and tears, he WAS able to adapt some toys. Suddenly the options were limitless!
- UPLIFT Height Adjustable Sit Stand Desk | Human Solution - November 17, 2017
- Microsoft & Tobii Dynavox – Eye Tracking Access For Everyone - November 15, 2017
- Motion Stool by UPLIFT Desk | Shop Human Solution - November 7, 2017
- Open Sesame! Touch Free Control – Now on Google Play - November 4, 2017
- Call Scotland New & Revised Apps Wheel | OT’s with Apps & Technology - November 2, 2017