Source: ABOUT — FARMER/VETERAN
Documentary on PBS' Independent Lens, May 29thOur Website Home from three combat tours in Iraq, Alex Sutton forges a new identity as a farmer, hatching chicks and raising goats on 43 acres in rural North Carolina. He dives into life on the farm with his new love Jessica, but cannot shake the lingering traumas of war. The stories he tells about battlefield experiences become unmoored from reality as he cycles between states of heightened awareness and “feeling zombified” from a cocktail of prescriptions meant to keep him stable. For the viewer, as for Alex, what to believe about his past is uncertain. The farm becomes a terrain to unearth what is buried, what it really means to be “the perfect soldier," and where to find the way forward.
- Breaking: Window-eyes discontinued, in the hands of the VFO Group - May 22, 2017
- Transcending Disabilities: Positive Body Imaging | Kim Lan Grout | TEDxUNC – YouTube - May 19, 2017
- AgrAbility: The Toolbox - May 18, 2017
- FARMER/VETERAN - May 17, 2017
- Maccessibility Roundtable Podcast 131 - May 16, 2017