Text to Speech Demo
A New Leader in Braille Transcription SoftwareBrailleBlaster is a braille transcription program being developed by the American Printing House for the Blind to help transcribers provide blind students with braille textbooks on the first day of class.
What is BrailleBlaster?BrailleBlaster takes advantage of the rich markup contained in NIMAS (National Instructional Materials Accessibility Standard) files to automate basic formatting and gives you tools to make advanced tasks quicker and easier. Designed primarily for editing textbooks that meet the specifications published by the Braille Authority of North America, the purpose of BrailleBlaster is to help braille producers ensure that every student has their braille textbooks on the first day of class.BrailleBlaster relies on Liblouis, a well-known open-source braille translator, for translating text and mathematics to braille.
- Bestic Feeding Device: Mealtime Independence - December 8, 2017
- Blindfold Song Name on the App Store - December 1, 2017
- SafeTracks GPS – Personal GPS Tracking Devices - November 30, 2017
- Object Recognition Apps – What Apps Might Work for Individuals with Learning or Intellectual Disabilities? - November 27, 2017
- Knork: Ergonomically Designed Flatware - November 20, 2017