Text to Speech Voices
By now, you must have seen or heard about this new steady spoon/ utensil that lets people with hand tremors eat without spilling and dropping their food. Liftware Level, a new motorized spoon, is designed for people who have limited hand and arm mobility because of Cerebral Palsy, Huntington’s Disease, spinal cord injuries, or post stroke deficits. Thanks to built in sensors, motors and an onboard computer, Level monitors hand tremors and makes sure that the spoon is held at the correct angle, and is steady even when someone’s hand is shaking.
How Does It Work?Liftware Level has sensors inside of it that monitor hand movement. Whenever changes in the intended hand movement are detected, the sensors direct two built in motors in the handle to bend the flexible grey part of the utensil, thus keeping the attachment, that holds the food at the right angle. urce: Liftware Level: A Utensil For for People With Motion-Related Disorders - Assistive Technology Blog
- Careers in the Arts for People with Disabilities - December 11, 2017
- Bestic Feeding Device: Mealtime Independence - December 8, 2017
- Blindfold Song Name on the App Store - December 1, 2017
- SafeTracks GPS – Personal GPS Tracking Devices - November 30, 2017
- Object Recognition Apps – What Apps Might Work for Individuals with Learning or Intellectual Disabilities? - November 27, 2017