Text to Speech Voices
By now, you must have seen or heard about this new steady spoon/ utensil that lets people with hand tremors eat without spilling and dropping their food. Liftware Level, a new motorized spoon, is designed for people who have limited hand and arm mobility because of Cerebral Palsy, Huntington’s Disease, spinal cord injuries, or post stroke deficits. Thanks to built in sensors, motors and an onboard computer, Level monitors hand tremors and makes sure that the spoon is held at the correct angle, and is steady even when someone’s hand is shaking.
How Does It Work?Liftware Level has sensors inside of it that monitor hand movement. Whenever changes in the intended hand movement are detected, the sensors direct two built in motors in the handle to bend the flexible grey part of the utensil, thus keeping the attachment, that holds the food at the right angle. urce: Liftware Level: A Utensil For for People With Motion-Related Disorders - Assistive Technology Blog
- Pointello laser-wireless low-tech communication system | Talk To Me Technologies - June 19, 2018
- Control an iPhone with Eye Gaze - June 13, 2018
- ALS Project Revoicez: recreate any voice - June 11, 2018
- X10 Big Red Wireless Emergency Button – SmartHomeUSA.com - May 29, 2018
- Google brings Morse code to Gboard - May 24, 2018