Text to Voice
Above I've uploaded the 2010 SpecialEffect electronic soup podcast's to YouTube. The four-parts include audio games and playing with a visual impairment.These were put together by Dark of AudioGames.net and myself for the much missed SpecialEffect Accessible GameBase and the Dave Banes Access Collective podcast. There's been some heartening progress since those podcasts, with audio games making it to more platforms, especially so iOS devices. Sony and Microsoft have added some good features to the PS4 and Xbox One. Microsoft have also just announced some helpful software development tools for live text to speech and vice versa for in game communications. Would love to see that expanded to emoticon use too and translated to whatever language you're using. A basic form of Bliss and Esperanto to help people of all kinds communicate.Source: OneSwitch.org.uk blog: Electronic Soup Podcast: Audio Games and How far we've come....
- Simply DAF – Delayed Auditory Feedback on the App Store - August 18, 2017
- Anker’s Genie Is Just Like the Echo Dot, Only Cheaper | WIRED - August 17, 2017
- HERO | The Smart Appliance that Manages Your Pills - August 16, 2017
- MIT students hack assistive technology solutions for local clients | MIT News - August 11, 2017
- Tecla expands its accessibility features for users with limited mobility to IOT devices | TechCrunch - August 10, 2017