Text to Speech Voices
Seizure Monitoring and Response Transducing (SMART) Belt, a wearable, multi-sensor device designed to provide continuous outpatient monitoring for people who experience epileptic seizures. The device measures patients’ respiration and electrodermal activity, and uses synchronized changes in both to alert caregivers at the onset of a seizure. The SMART Belt, which costs only $100 to produce, will make seizure detection in the outpatient setting cheaper, more accessible, and more reliable, and improve the quality of life for people who have epilepsy. via SMART Belt: A Low-cost Seizure Detection Device (Rice University) | RESNA.
- This tremor tracking wearable lets Parkinson’s and ET patients take charge - September 24, 2016
- Samsung’s Blind Cap vibrates when Paralympic swimmers need to flip - September 23, 2016
- SkyAngel911 Alert System - September 22, 2016
- Legally Blind Photographer Bruce Hall - September 21, 2016
- Santa’s Little Hackers Event Registration - September 20, 2016